Real Fake or Fake Fake?

Here with another real fake or fake fake challenge, this time with America’s favorite heresy, the prosperity gospel.  Three names are listed.  Two are genuine names (or at least genuine stage names) of prosperity gospel preachers.  I made the other one up.  Which is which?

Standard rules apply:  No googling, and if you already know one or both of the real ones, treat this information as a spoiler and act accordingly:

(1)  Jesse Duplantis

(2)  Largo Mammon

(3)  Creflo Dollar

Home Page

Richard Hershberger is a paralegal working in Maryland. When he isn't doing whatever it is that paralegals do, or taking his daughters to Girl Scouts, he is dedicated to the collection and analysis of useless and unremunerative information.

29 thoughts on “Real Fake or Fake Fake?

1. Ill guess Jesse Duplantis, because the others are like aluminum Christmas trees. No one would believe that they are Victorian old but they really are.

2. I can’t choose, because I want them all to be real (I actually know who one of them is). If I had to choose, I’d go with #2, because it seems almost too good.

3. I want them all to be real.

But I’m going to guess #2 is not, because it would show an appreciation of irony incompatible with making one’s living via prosperity gospel preaching.

4. This is one where I am very familiar with the two real ones, so I will use the spoiler: #2 is the fake.

Fun Fact about Duplanits: God once took him on a site seeing tour of heaven! Fun Fact about Dollar: God once told him He wanted Dollar to have his own luxury private jet, and He noted that he wanted Dollar’s followers to pay for it rather than have Dollar use his own money.

5. As many of you knew, the fake fake is number two, Largo Mammon. I blame Creflo Dollar. On the one hand, any good fake fake has to be at least roughly as ridiculous as that name. On the other, “Creflo Dollar” is so memorable that even people not connoisseurs of the genre are likely to know this name.

6. Has anyone seen a Creflo Dollar program? Whatever else one might say about him, he’s very talented.

(There is not a whole lot of good network TV on Sunday mornings in Florida, but there is always Creflo and he is, if nothing else, very engaging.)